Phased wider opening of schools, colleges and nurseries – from 1st June
We have set out plans for schools, colleges and early years settings across England to potentially open from 1st June.
Four pieces of guidance have been published to support you to plan:
- Actions for education and childcare settings to prepare for wider opening
- Initial planning framework
- Implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings
- Guidance for parents and carers
More guidance will be published in coming days and weeks and existing guidance will be updated. All documents will be published here.
This item has just been updated from the last email you received as it was missing a link.
Thank a Teacher Day – 20th May
|School leaders, teachers and support staff have been asked to go to great lengths to help this country step up to tackle coronavirus, thank you.
We are supporting Thank a Teacher Day on 20th May to make sure everyone working in schools and education settings is recognised for the huge contribution they have made.
Join us as we celebrate everyone making a difference in education, not only now, during these unprecedented times, but every day of the year.
The Thank a Teacher campaign is being led by the Teaching Awards Trust, in partnership with the DfE.
Support for Parents
We understand this is a challenging time for parents too, many of whom are now supporting their children’s learning at home or may have questions about their children potentially returning to school.
We have developed the following guidance and resources for parents to support them at this time:
- Q&A which answers key questions parents may have
- Guidance for parents on phased reopening of education settings
- Guidance for parents on supporting learning at home for early years and primary age children (secondary school guidance to follow)
- List of online resources to support children’s development
Please do share these with parents if helpful.